The 2017 #FIGT17NL Annual Conference is quickly approaching! Whether you are looking for new connections, reconnecting with old friends, or looking for new resources, we have one tip that will help amplify your experience: Twitter.
Here are nine easy ways to incorporate tweeting into your conference experience (btw, make sure you’re registered for #FIGT17NL).
1. Follow the FIGT Twitter account
Make sure to follow our FIGT Twitter account (@crossingculture) to stay on top of conference news and to share comments directly with the FIGT community.
2. Identify the conference hashtags you can use
It’s never too early to start the conversation so begin following the conference hashtags now. We have: #FIGT17NL
3. Find the speakers you are most passionate about…
Find out speakers and attendees easier with FIGT’s Twitter list. And you guessed it, follow them on Twitter!
4. Start tweeting before the conference
What sessions are you excited for? Tell the world!
A sample tweet could be…”I’m looking forward to the Me Too! Lighting the Triangle Beacon – Why Finding Your Tribe Matters keynote with @Naomi_Hattaway at #FIGT17NL”.
5. Plan ahead on how often you want to tweet
Planning ahead will help you not feel overwhelmed during the conference. If you are going to a panel, for example, you could tweet one point each panelist makes, and have their Twitter handle on hand so you can include them in your tweet.
6. Always put the conference hashtag in your tweets
#FIGT17NL #FIGT17NL #FIGT17NL
7. Share your experiences through Twitter
You can generate conversations and inspire others through your participation.
8. Thank each speaker and organization you interact with
Conferences are the best place to network with like-minded leaders in the fields you care most about.
9. Continue communication after the conference
You want to keep your connections engaged with you (especially if you are or will be job searching)!
Are you as excited for #FIGT17NL as we are? Tell us on TWITTER (@crossingculture).