In two jam-packed days of activities, discussion, exploration and training practice, attendees will learn the fundamentals of how to put together an effective agenda and how to deliver cultural awareness training in a participatory, interactive, fun while thoughtful and sophisticated way. An optional third day (Level Two) gives participants more activities, more concepts, and more practice.
Those who attend this training workshop will leave with all the kit they will need to start offering their own orientations, plus a site license to reproduce materials for their trainees. The training is designed for people who already have significant intercultural backgrounds of some nature, and who are:
- interculturalists wanting a ready-to-go kit to offer cultural orientations
- trainers and coaches wanting to add new cross-cultural skills to their toolbox
- international school counselors and teachers wanting new ways to help families make a smooth transition to a new country
- relocation professionals wanting to offer additional services
- mental health professionals wanting to supplement their skills and tools
- human resource managers wanting to ease global employees’ transitions while keeping training in house
- others in professions related to crossing cultures who want the skills and materials to expand their services
Upcoming dates and locations:
May 13-14, 2015: New York City (co-sponsored by Girl Scouts USA)
Level Two offered May 15
July 29-30, 2015: Boston, MA
Level Two offered July 31
September 30-October 1, 2015: London, UK (co-sponsored by TASIS)
Level Two offered October 2
November 4-5, 2015: Washington, DC
Level Two offered November 6
About the Trainer:
Dr. Anne Copeland, Executive Director of The Interchange Institute, has trained hundreds of people, including many FIGT members, in this Crossing Cultures with Competence workshop. She is a psychologist, with expertise in families in global transition. For over 20 years she was a university professor, teaching and doing research on intercultural transition, then founded The Interchange Institute to further her interests outside the academic world. She served on the FIGT board and as FIGT’s Program Director from 2006-2012.
Fee: $1295 for two day workshop (Early Registration rate; deadline one month prior to workshop)
$ 650 for Level Two (Early Registration rate; deadline one month prior to workshop)
Fee includes full kit of ready-to-use materials; site license to use materials in future; completion certificate; lunch and snacks; membership in LinkedIn community of workshop alumni.
References from other FIGT members available upon request.
For more details: http://www.interchangeinstitute.org/html/CCC.htm
Please contact email@example.com with questions or to express your interest in attending now or in the future.