Dr. Anne Copeland, Director of The Interchange Institute and former Program Director of FIGT, is pleased to announce the 2014 schedule for her training of trainers workshop, Crossing Cultures with Competence, and specifically to invite the FIGT community to join her this year.
- May 19-20, 2014 in New York City, co-sponsored by Girl Scouts USA (earlybird registration deadline: April 21)
- July 21-22, 2014 in San Francisco
- October 1-2, 2014 in London, co-sponsored by TASIS
- October 20-21, 2014 in Boston
A Level Two workshop will be offered for those who have completed the first course, on the next day, in the same location (i.e. May 21 in NYC, July 23 in San Francisco, October 3 in London, October 22 in Boston). Co-sponsored workshops are open to all. If you are interested in co-sponsoring with us, please contact me at email@example.com.
During the workshop, Anne teaches you how to put together an effective host country overview, how to explain core cultural differences in attitudes and values, and how to help people understand the family and individual challenges they face when moving to a new country. Leave the training with all the kit you’ll need to start offering your own orientations, plus a site license to reproduce materials for your trainees. The training is designed for people who already have significant intercultural backgrounds of some nature, and who are:
- trainers and coaches wanting to add new cross cultural skills to their toolbox
- international school counselors and teachers wanting new ways to help families make a smooth transition to a new country
- human resource managers wanting to ease global employees’ transitions while keeping training in house
- relocation professionals wanting to offer additional services
- interculturalists wanting a ready-to-go kit to offer cultural orientations
- mental health professionals wanting to supplement their skills and tools
- others with an intercultural personal background and experience in helping others understand cultural differences.
Click here to read what past attendees have said about the workshop. Here’s one sample review from March’s workshop, just after FIGT:
“The Crossing Cultures with Confidence training sessions were very informative and great fun! All course participants had extensive opportunities to experience the sessions as our future clients may experience them and to also present sections in the role of the trainer to familiarize ourselves with how the material can be used most effectively. The most value I personally see is in the full ownership of the fully customizable, beautifully prepared and meticulously organized training material for future use. That alone will save me weeks of work to develop and put together professional workshop material for various settings. I highly recommend this class to anyone with a deep interest in intercultural communication who has the desire to teach others how to cross cultural boundaries, real and imaginary.” (March 2014 Attendee)
Call or email Anne Copeland (617 566 2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org) today to discuss whether this is the right workshop for you.