Families in Global Transition leads the worldwide community in empowering families and those who serve them in global transition. FIGT is the premier advocate and educational resource for families, organizations and service providers.
|FIGT WRITING OPPORTUNITIES|
Exciting Opportunities for Writers at the
2015 Families in Global Transition (FIGT) Conference
March 6-8, 2015 at the
Marriott Tysons Corner, just outside of Washington, DC
Are you an aspiring or established writer, with a passionate curiosity for global family issues? Do you want to develop further? Apply for the Parfitt Pascoe Residency at our Conference 2015 or help us by reviewing the upcoming 'Worlds Within TCK Anthology!
|PARFITT PASCOE WRITING RESIDENCY|
This is our second year for the Parfitt Pascoe Writing Residency in which four budding writers will be offered partial scholarships to the 2015 FIGT Conference. The name has been chosen to honour the trailblazing writing work of Expat Expert Robin Pascoe and the ongoing commitment to supporting new writers of Jo Parfitt of Summertime Publishing.
Jo Parfitt, writer, writers' mentor, publisher, FIGT champion is the creative force behind the Residency.
The four successful scholars will be selected on merit and receive:
- Free tuition from Jo Parfitt prior to the conference on how to write articles for the global market and how to place them with publications. This will be conducted by means of an 8 session online course, completed by email, prior to the conference.
- Free mentoring from Jo Parfitt, a journalist who has specialised in expatriate issues for decades and edited three magazines. Mentoring will occur by Skype prior to conference.
- Free mentoring and guidance post conference from editors.
- Partial scholarships to the conference - pay just $230 for full conference entry - a discount of $325.
- Publication, with byline, in the FIGT 2015 Yearbook.
In exchange the writing scholars will be obliged to provide:
- Coverage of all FIGT sessions according to the designated format.
- At least six articles and six blog posts about the conference before the end of May 2015.
- The provision of the conference coverage text by the end of June 2015.
- A commitment to fulfil obligations.
To apply please email Jo Parfitt at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to any published work, including a blog and a 200 word explanation of why you would like this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is December 1st, 2014.